A blog detailing our collection of Peter Powell kites, and chronicling our flying of these kites. Plus a bit of PP kite history thrown in. Our collection to date stands at 77 kites and can be seen here. I am keen to expand the collection, so if you have an old Peter Powell kite, whether made in the UK or the US, gathering dust and looking for a new home, why not get in touch? Depending on the kite (does it bring something new or different to my collection?), its condition (is it flyable? how much TLC does it need?), and the price you ask (+ shipping if from outside the UK), we may well be able to do a deal.

Sunday 5 February 2017

Peter Powell t-shirt, with double twist

Mk I and Mk II Peter Powell kites pop up on eBay quite regularly, but it's rare to see other PP items listed. So I was surprised, and pleasantly so, to check into eBay not too long ago, and stumble across a listing for a vintage Peter Powell t-shirt.













Even though it's not a kite, it would still make for a very nice addition to the collection, wouldn't it? I decided to have a punt, and as the end time approached, found myself in a bidding war with, what appeared to be, a rather determined person. With just a handful of seconds left, I decided to pull out, as I had already let myself go quite a bit higher than what I had originally decided my max bid would be. The dangers of bidding on eBay!

So I didn't get the t-shirt; win some, loose some! The twist became clear the next day: I had been bidding against Paul Powell! As I told Paul when I found out, if I had known he was the determined bidder, I'd have pulled out immediately. Best place for the shirt is obviously at home, and I was genuinely pleased it went to Paul.

I said 'double twist' in the title of this post, didn't I? Turned out that the seller didn't have one PP t-shirt; he had two.

The second one is now mine ...


... all mine ...


... my preciousssssss ...


No comments:

Post a Comment