A blog detailing our collection of Peter Powell kites, and chronicling our flying of these kites. Plus a bit of PP kite history thrown in. Our collection to date stands at 77 kites and can be seen here. I am keen to expand the collection, so if you have an old Peter Powell kite, whether made in the UK or the US, gathering dust and looking for a new home, why not get in touch? Depending on the kite (does it bring something new or different to my collection?), its condition (is it flyable? how much TLC does it need?), and the price you ask (+ shipping if from outside the UK), we may well be able to do a deal.

Wednesday 27 December 2017

Yellow polythene Mk II

I've mentioned it before: for some reason, polythene Mk II Stunters are far less common on eBay than their Mk I ancestors. Whether that's because people are more likely to want to hang on to them, or simply because fewer are made (or both), who knows!

Nevertheless, I have been able to add a few polythene Mk II Stunters to the collection: earlier this year, I got my hands on a red Mk II and our very first Peter Powell kite was a blue Mk II.

And quite recently, eBay provided me with a yellow one!


Following the tail choices on my first two Mk IIs (red with red, and blue with blue), I decided to fly this yellow Mk II with a yellow tail.


Flight characteristics are not different from any of the other Mk I or Mk IIs in my collection.


Now having a trio of Mk IIs, with matching tails, does offer the opportunity to fly the three of them together. Maybe at a festival in 2018?


No comments:

Post a Comment