A blog detailing our collection of Peter Powell kites, and chronicling our flying of these kites. Plus a bit of PP kite history thrown in. Our collection to date stands at 77 kites and can be seen here. I am keen to expand the collection, so if you have an old Peter Powell kite, whether made in the UK or the US, gathering dust and looking for a new home, why not get in touch? Depending on the kite (does it bring something new or different to my collection?), its condition (is it flyable? how much TLC does it need?), and the price you ask (+ shipping if from outside the UK), we may well be able to do a deal.

Saturday 9 April 2016

Kite bag for the PP collection

Kites need a bag to live in when they're not out flying, that's obvious. My collection of kite bags is well-ordered, so I know which kite lives in which bag; makes it easier to simply grab a bag, as I know the kite(s) I want to fly that day will be in there, with all the relevant accessories (e.g. lines, tails, etc). Now, clearly, a collection of Peter Powell kites needs a dedicated bag; I'm sure you would agree!

Decided to get an HQ Proline kite bag, from Kiteworld, And here it is, with the entirety of my PP collection to date in the main compartment, and tails etc in the small compartment.



No, you're not seeing double, there are two bags in the first picture .... I thought I'd order both the larger (170cm) and the smaller (130cm) version. Even though these kite bags can house a good number of kites, I'm sure I'll need both as the collection expands. Possibly keeping the paired Stunters in the small bag and all the non-paired PP kites in the larger bag (given that the Wing doesn't fit in the smaller bag) in due course?

No comments:

Post a Comment